This article explores the various use cases that are made possible by multivariate feature flags. With the introduction of multivariate flags, developers have been experimenting with serving rich values via these flags: strings, numbers, JSON objects, and JSON arrays.
Using feature flags to manage dynamic applications opens up many powerful and interesting use cases, for example:
- Manage features in a pricing plan
- Customize pricing based on user segment Apply coupons and discounts based on user actions or holiday sales
- Allow users to personalize their own experiences
- Manage CSS styling to test colors, layouts, and elements
- Control conditional logic separately from your code base