This article discusses the benefits of using feature flags for soft launching new features.
A feature flagged soft launch changes this. It allows you to mitigate the risk of feature releases and incrementally roll out a feature to your users.
Some benefits include:
- Releasing a feature ‘off’ in production and then slowly rolling it out
- Allowing only particular users to see the feature
- Performing randomized percentage rollouts that target small segments of users
- Killing a feature instantly without redeploying
- Adjusting the rollout percentage to test infrastructure performance and scalability
- Syncing PR and advertising with feature releases